Value-Driven Selling & Negotiating (VDSN)
Today’s buyers are more sophisticated and knowledgeable than ever. In order to reach successful outcomes with buyers, sales professionals must now be master negotiators. Sales professionals must first build and prove the value of the solution, and then use that proven value to achieve a win-win outcome, whether it’s negotiating with a buyer’s purchasing department, managing a last minute concession, or preventing a discount.
Value-Driven Selling & Negotiating (VDSN) is a highly engaging workshop that equips sales professionals to successfully find and prove the value of the solution and resolve difficult negotiating challenges in a collaborative manner.
How Your Sales Team Will Benefit
- Quantify and prove the value of their solution
- How to strategically plan a negotiation
- Identify shared interests with the customer
- Use questioning strategies to reveal positions and interests
- How to value tradable issues
- Define negotiating parameters and sequencing offers
- Counter manipulative negotiating tactics
- Build stronger relationships through collaborative negotiating
Who Will Benefit
Sales Professionals, including Account Executives, Account Managers, and other professionals with sales responsibilities.
- Discover and Prove Customer Value
- Discover the tangible and intangible value the solution provides.
- Quantify and prove the value of the solution so that the customer will focus on value, not price.
- Collaborative Negotiating Model
- Describe the negotiation process and how it aligns to the sales process.
- Identify negotiating styles and use the appropriate negotiating tactics.
- Develop a plan to have a successful collaborative negotiation.
- Build stronger relationships with collaborative negotiating.
- Positions, Interests, Issues, and Fair Trading
- Define negotiable issues.
- Identify interests behind positions to improve negotiation power.
- Identify shared interests to keep the negotiation collaborative.
- Quantify tradable issues to allow fair trading, not concessions.
- Tactics and Presenting Offers
- Identify both collaborative and manipulative tactics.
- Manage manipulative tactics and procurement actions.
- Set upper and lower offer parameters and appropriate sequencing.
- Strategically plan a negotiation.
- Build a negotiating plan for one of their own accounts.
Pre-work assignments require participants to bring in current customer negotiation situations so that they leave with a negotiating plan they can use in the field.
- Participant Workbook
- Negotiating tools and planners
- Job aides
Comprehensive Selling Skills can be delivered onsite as a two day workshop, or via SRG’s Live Virtual Classroom training platform as a series of convenient live online training sessions.
In order to ensure that new selling skills are being mastered and applied, the Value-Added Negotiation program includes integrated tools, planners, and job aids, as well as reinforcement sessions conducted virtually through SRG’s Live Virtual Classroom.
SRG understands that each sales organization is unique, with its own culture, processes and set of abilities and challenges. Training programs include pre-training consultation and are personalized for your organization with customized case studies, examples and exercises to better address your unique sales challenges and make the training more relevant to program participants.
If you have a large sales organization, an internal training department or are rapidly growing, the Value-Driven Negotiating program can be licensed and delivered using your own facilitators. Under our flexible, cost-effective license terms, you can customize, repurpose and deliver the curriculum whenever and as often as you like. Sales Readiness Group also supports your internal trainers with a Train-the-Trainer certification programs on how to deliver the Value-Driven Negotiating program, including how to facilitate the program virtually.
SRG Can Help you Develop the Negotiating Skills of Your Team
Call us at 1-800-490-0715 or fill out the Contact Us form to learn how SRG can help you develop the negotiating skills of your team.